Interestingly this is the first post for the year or may I say after such a long time. Reason being is that I was starting to lose interest in Astronomy ever since I have decided something promising. Ambitions do change over time but interest will remain deep inside ourselves if not disturbed by unforeseen circumstances. What made me not post anything? Simply because it is difficult to come up with something new. Now that I have finally got back much of my liking, I will continue my Astronomical journey at times when I am free.
Two things made me replenish my interest. The first thing was the discovery of the new solar system known as Kepler-11. It is found among the ten thousand stars between the constellation Cygnus and Lyra. A system of six major planets in which five of them lie very close to the star. What kind of atmosphere would you expect in such planets. How high will temperatures be in such a small distance away from the star. Do all solar type stars contain solar systems like ours. With such a discovery we think of plethora of questions.
The second thing that struck me was on March 19, where moon appeared to be larger compared to its actual size when viewed from Earth. It was the day where the distance between Earth and Moon was the least after hundreds of years. I spent my night out starring at the moon. I thought of taking pictures but my camera had a poor zooming power and did not get an ideal location. Instead i am glad I saw how large the moon was than its actual size.
Did just two things started to spin my wheel? The two events struck me the most while there are other things that brought back interest on the way. If I was losing interest all I needed to do is to think back. The potential in us keeps getting better making it invaluable. But losing that potential may cause your hobby to be slowly forgotten. So hopefully I will come up with more new ideas on the way. Sadly there won't be much changes to the web except for facts and posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment