Saturday, July 26, 2008

Too Much Work Spoils The Day

Being a part time amateur is difficult to most people as they are busy. Sometimes the busiest day falls on the crystal clear night. This has turned down many amateurs and some have to give up on their hobby. How do we solve this problem? The answer is, it all depends on what do you want achieve on that day. If you want to succeed in your main job, go ahead. By the end of the we cannot kill two birds with one stone.





I even face a lot difficult circumstances where added work hinders my Astronomical journey. Things tend to go against my plans. So, what do I do? The only solution is to do what I planned. Self learning is better than learning facts from others. For example instead of just knowing that alpha centauri is a double star, why not use a telescope and explore the double star. Do you know that we can gain a lot of knowledge by looking at stars. Some of us had asked questions like why do stars twinkle, what causes them to shine at different brightness and colours and how far is a star from our solar system. We get get answers by books and through the net. However, the universe is a big place and there are a lot to be discovered.





In Singapore, I find it difficult to find time to stargaze. Other than busy life, most of the time there is too much cloud cover. I try to manage my time as far as possible. Since I am targeting the faint celestial bodies, I having a tough time. It took me days to spot omega centauri. Though I had been less successful in tracking, I am still contented about my work. An amateur need not have to be good in spotting deep sky objects. The best amateur is the one who enjoys his work rather than feeling down if there is failure. Time may be a killing factor. However we cannot help it.



But do not lose hope and work towards your goals. Small steps can lead to success.

No comments: